Throughout the rapid development of the COVID-19 pandemic, our top priority has been to best protect the safety and health of our donors, staff and community.
In response to the ongoing pandemic, The Kentucky Derby, which was originally scheduled for May 2, will be moved to Saturday, September 5. The Children’s Foundation will, too, postpone our Derby For Kids fundraising event until Saturday, September 5.
We have been in contact with the County Club of Detroit and in the case it is unavailable, we are exploring other venue alternatives to hold the event. We continue to closely monitor developments related to Coronavirus and will update you as our plans evolve and change.